Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Great News in the Copley Household!!

NO, WE'RE NOT PREGNANT AGAIN...
WE ARE GOING TO THE BEACH!!!
April said she was tired of vacuuming with one arm and carrying a baby with the other. (Not Really)
After much debate, and weighing the pros and cons, we have decided to go to the beach. We won't be able to go to our favorite destination of St. Augustine, Florida for the normal two weeks. And I won't be taking April to Hawaii as intended for her 30th birthday, but we are going to Cherry Grove for a week at the end of July. This is the northernmost area of North Myrtle Beach. Good for fishing and relaxing. No wild parties, just older couples and families. In fact, you have to be at least 25 to rent in this area.
Ayden has made mention of the beach too many times in the last couple of weeks to keep her in good ol' Wayne all summer. Yes, we can take her to the pool, but it's just not the same. You just have to have the sand and the salt. Years from now, I want to tell my future son in law that if he can't take my daughter to the beach and buy her flowers for no reason then he needs to find another girl on which to waste his time. This is something that we tell Ayden often, and April has started telling Kylee already. Yes, we believe in starting early. I don't want a dead beat son in law. Something I'm sure my in laws say daily about me. I sure hope not. Which, I have given them two beautiful granddaughters. Surely, that raises my value some.
Ayden has spent every birthday or her life at the St. Augustine beach and we can hopefully keep that tradition going by spending her 3rd one at Myrtle Beach. April and I like to go places and do things to model for Ayden what a good education and hard work can do for you. Not just material things, but manners and morals and things of that nature. Which, material things are nice, don't get me wrong. We just can't get obsessed by them, and make them our number one priority.
April says that we Copleys suffer from a rare condition. It is know as salt water deficiency. We just need to go to the beach every summer and soak to reset our systems and get ready for the coming year of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment