Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Photos



The first two you can see the CPAP machine on her nose, the feeding tube in her mouth, and she has an IV in the top of her head.



Doing better. Not having to use the feeding tube. I told April that she was going to have a head full of hair because she had bad heart burn during the pregnancy.


What a beautiful little girl.


Sleeping peacefully after eating her bottle in all of 12 minutes. The doctors decided to move her to eating every 4 hours. That way she may be a little hungrier and would eat more of the bottle. It seems to have worked thus far for the most part.

Doing the Car Seat Challenge to make sure her breathing and respiratory rate will be good during the car ride home. Just another step toward going home! YEAH!
Last feeding in the NICU. The doctors needed to make sure that she was going to take the whole bottle. This is the only feeding that I did. I will help April with anything. I just don't do a lot of the feedings.


Does she look like a happy big sister? Take my word for it. She was.


She was so happy she did not want to share her baby sister with anyone. She told her she loved her, sung her lullaby's, kissed her, and petted her. It was worth everything we have been through to watch Ayden with Kylee. It would melt even the coldest heart.





Mom, dad, and Matthew put up balloons and a couple of signs to welcome us home. Ayden helped them. She was more excited than anyone.

I didn't know who was going to make it up the driveway first, me or April. I was glad she felt like getting out and walking to the end of the driveway and then back up to the house.

Meemaw Teresa feeding Kylee for the first time. I think she was filling her diaper as she was eating. Ayden thought this was funny.

Big sister has to oversee everything that goes on with her baby. It has to be done to meet her exact specifications. If not she will definitely let you know.
Ayden wants to start everyday off by holding baby sissy. We have to make bargains with her to get her to wait. Here she said she is "fastly asleep". She is so funny with her.

1 comment:

  1. I told Justin that Kylee is probably the 3rd most beautiful baby I've ever seen. lol (I guess you know who the first two are!) Can't wait to hold her, but so glad to be hanging out with your other darling a little bit this week.

    Glad April is starting to feel better, although she looked tired this morning. Give Kylee a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete