Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kylee continues to eat well. I believe she may be gaining a little weight. The premy clothing swallows her though. It looks funny. Can't go any smaller. I could probably find some of Ayden's doll clothes to put on her. I just can't find any that look suitable.

Last night Ayden wanted to sleep in her room. When we brought Kylee home, I had moved Ayden's mattress in our room beside the crib. I thought it might be easier to get her to sleep at nights in the same room with us and baby sissy. So, she "helped" me carry her mattress back into her bedroom and onto her bed last night. She even picked a movie to watch that she use to cry for us to turn off. She asked me to read her a book, and or course, I did. Fox in Socks. It was fun to read and she was crying with laughter. After the book, she went and gave April and Kylee hugs and kisses and went back to her room and went to sleep. She came to our room about 8 am. The problems she has been having with her sleeping this whole time may have been due to being off of her normal routine. I think probably so.

We got ready this morning to go to Dunlow to see my grandparents. They have been out of town and haven't seen Kylee since seeing her in the NICU. We were delayed a little by the storm that came through. The electric went off for a short while. Ayden acted like she was scared. Yea, right. If there were monsters in the dark, I assure you, they would be scared of her. Plus, she says her daddy has a gun to shoot the monsters if they come to get her. She knows that her daddy will protect her and that makes me feel manly. Let's just hope that she tells the boys about my guns in a few years. Because if she doesn't, I will.

My grandmother took the 12 chickens I hatched in for foster care. They are now four weeks old. About half of the 12 turned out to be roosters. Ayden told them to behave for Granny Doe. Ayden got to see the inside of a chicken coop and ran from Granny Doe's bigger chickens. She finally did pet one after Granny Doe picked it up for her. Then of course in true Ayden fashion, she wanted to catch one by herself. Even though she was petrified of the larger ones. She is so independent. It makes me sad to see her growing up so quickly.

We stayed for a few hours and had dinner with them. As usual, it was delicious. Even Ayden thought so. My grandmother can cook more food faster than anyone I have ever seen. I don't know how she does it. She cooks everything on high, and it is cooked to perfection. Nothing is ever burned. Kylee, right on time, had to eat in the middle of our meal. April and I must have gotten a lot of practice with this when Ayden was a baby because we never missed a beat. I got Kylee and held her while April ate and then I passed her off to April while I fixed the bottle. She held her and ate while I was doing this. It went rather smoothly. Now that all we have do for Ayden is fix her plate and make sure she uses a napkin, it isn't so bad.

Granny Doe and Poppy held Kylee and fussed about how content she was. They played in the floor with Ayden and held big people conversations with her. It was a really good visit. April was glad to get out of the house for a few hours. It was the perfect place to go. Ayden started getting grumpy, she did not take a nap and I knew Pam would be waiting to see Kylee. She had been gone for a couple of days to a conference in Charleston. Kylee started getting a little cranky as we were leaving but before we had driven 5 miles, Kylee and Ayden were both snoring. We arrived home and I carried them both in. April and I did dishes and a load of Kylee's laundry (baby laundry smells the best). We fed Kylee and put a clean diaper and pajamas on her. Then she pooed again. I love babies. I swear she was laughing about it. No lie.

It is 9:30 and Ayden is still asleep. She may be out for the night. I surely hope so. We have to get up early in the morning and take Kylee to her first doctor's appointment at 9:15 with Dr. Miranda. Ayden is just like her mommy when she doesn't get enough sleep so I'm not going to wake her until we are walking out the door in the morning (that's a joke). I'm anxious to see if Kylee is back up to her birth weight of 6 lbs. She came home at 5 lbs. 10 oz. But it won't be horrible if she isn't. As long as she has gained and not lost.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Michael, April, Ayden and Kylee! Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. I've been reading the blog to keep up with things, but PLEASE let me know if you need anything at all. April, are you ready for me to cook yet? Glad to hear you are feeling better and that you all seem to be adjusting well (tired as you may be). Call me if you need anything at all. You are all in my prayers. Becky Porter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vaida asked me today when I thought Ayden could come over and stay all night with her. I told her Ayden probably needed to get a little more used to having a baby sister before she stayed with us. Vaida did not seem satisfied with that answer!

    Hope the Dr's appointment goes well in the morning. Kylee is eating so well, I am sure she has gained weight.

    Glad you had fun in Dunlow!

    ReplyDelete