Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Wow. It takes a certain amount of dedication to be a parent. Anyone can have a child but it takes time, caring, patience, and of course flexibility of routine to be a parent. I wouldn't have it any other way. I think it is the greatest gift that we are given as adults. Of course it gives me ulcers but it is well worth it. I am the nervous type and it really does a number on me to do the feeding but sometimes I am able to overcome this and work one in. Don't get me wrong, I help. I do the laundry and clean the bottles. I cook and do dishes. I will get up at every feeding and fix the bottles, I just get really nervous when I am the one feeding the tiny bundle of joy. I guess it has to do with the traumatic experience we had with Ayden when she was 12 days old.

Today went well, April's blood pressure continues to stay really high. I am worried. I am trying to prepare meals by the doctor's specifications. Lower sodium. He says this will help with the swelling. She was able to rest a good bit today. Kylee slept, Ayden and I did laundry and dishes. We fed Kylee and even went for a little walk outside.

Pam and Nanny came over and Ayden did not want anyone to hold Kylee. She had a meltdown and did not want to share her baby. We don't have to worry about anything, Ayden takes care of it. She makes sure everyone washes their hands and uses "handitizer". She tells people not to kiss her on the lips to make sure they kiss her on the cheek. This has made her very good about her own personal hygiene. She now loves to wash her hands.

Later this evening Pam came over and took Ayden to stay all night with her so she could go to Sunday school tomorrow. She still loves to visit no matter what is going on here at home. I think it just makes her want to come home a little sooner now is all.

Mom and dad were going to come over and stay the night to help with Kylee but Matthew raced today and they didn't get home until late and everyone is tired. I really thought that we would have a lot of visitors today, but we didn't. I'm sure we will tomorrow after church. If not that is alright. We have just been home since Thursday and we are still getting into a routine. I'm sure we will be getting some in the next few days. People are hesitant about coming in on a new baby and that is a good thing. I completely understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment