Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday, June 14, 2009

I was sleeping soundly when the doorbell sounded. It was the mother-in-law on her way to Sunday School. Ayden did not have a pair of shoes and she had to get a pair. I wasn't able to go back to sleep. So, I ran the vacuum and fixed breakfast for me and April.

Ayden made it home around 12:15. She was very tired. Pam said she was restless last night and that she didn't want to get up this morning. She played with her babies for a while and posed them for pictures. Then she was ready for a nap. She wanted to lay on my belly. So of course I said yes. She is very good at putting you to sleep. I woke up at about 2:30. I put her back on the couch and covered her up. She is still asleep. Along with April and Kylee. I guess we are losing more sleep through the night than we realize. It is worth it. Life is pretty good when your biggest concern is what are you going to fix for the next meal and what time are you going to fix it. Life is definitely good.

Kylee sure can fill a stinky diaper. She really forces it out too. It sounds like a cappuccino machine. It is so funny. She has slept a lot today. I thought that she would start staying awake more and more. So far, that hasn't happened. She has had a couple of days that she has been awake for a longer amount of time but nothing steady. I'm sure when she starts staying awake steadily, I'll wish she was sleeping more. I guess that's how it goes. We're never happy.

Ayden and I went to Wal-Mart. Lord, what did we ever do before Sam Walton? She got a coloring book because she behaved so well, and she wanted to get baby sissy a rattle for a present. They have me wrapped. She is not spoiled she just gets what she wants. If she behaves. Which she always does.

Kylee has has a lot of visitors today. Will and Pam stopped by this morning for a while. Aunt Sherry, Grandma Violet and Grandpa Ruben came by after church this evening. Mom, dad and Uncle Matty came by too. Uncle Josh came by. He is going to stay with us tonight. His first day of work is tomorrow. Will and Pam are in Columbus so no one is at his house.

Dad is going to take our old computer for something or other at the shop. Part of his security system or something. It really doesn't matter as long it is another piece of junk that we get out of her. It is really useless for using other than what he is going to use it for. It is antique for a computer, it is about 7 years old.

The girls continue to do well. Kylee eats, sleeps, and poos. Ayden plays house and princess. She kisses and hugs Kylee. This evening she ran around the house catching butterflies. I don't know where she got that. The child really has an imagination. It is unbelievable sometimes. Even for me.

Ayden and Grandpa Ruben went about 12 rounds with each other. IT is funny to watch. Ayden had her butterfly net and he had his cane. They were sword fighting, shooting each other, and pretending to shoot each others' pet rabbits. WOW. I'm going to order a tent for this circus. I wouldn't change it for a thing. There is never a dull moment. Not at the Copley Household.

1 comment:

  1. I have just completed reading your entire blog - loved it. God is so good - you have two lovely daughters to give you you and April much joy in the years to come. Thankful that all seems to be going well for all of you! Parenthood does take a lot of patience and flexibility, and in the end it is all worth it!! Enjoy your girls! You are indeed a fortunate man to have a loving wife and two beautiful girls. At the same time, I think April is fortunate to have such a loving and supportive husband!! Looking forward to see more pictures!!
    We have pictures of Cora Ann on our blog!!!

    ReplyDelete