Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

We got a lot accomplished today. Well, kinda. April had a doctor's appointment. The girls and I hung out in the truck while she was in. Kylee became hungry. It puts me in the mind or how Bruce Banner turned into the great green Hulk when his heart beat grew too great. Yea, that's how she gets when she goes too long between bottles. Ayden, of course, slept the whole time.

All good news from the doctor. He wants April to gradually go off of the medication and go in for some blood work. If the blood work comes back with anything left to question he will do a full panel and check for numerous reasons that are giving her kidneys fits.

After this we headed to the mall. It wasn't too busy. April needed to get another swimsuit since she has decided we are going to the beach. We are going to take my truck since there is a little more room in it for the girls and especially if one of us have to ride in the back with them for any reason. Plus, when you add a small cooler for water and milk, some snacks, and the portable DVD player it doesn't take long to take up room. I also think that my truck is safer. And with the amount of idiots on the road today, safety is the key.

I also wanted to stop at Sears and get one of those lockable turtles for the rooftop luggage racks. The only difference is that I am going to place it in the cargo area of my truck. One; to protect our luggage from rain and two; for protection from thieves when we stop for potty and food breaks. It is just the right length. I can lock it, shut my tailgate then lock it, and the units unable to be removed from my truck.

It was empty and on the way home it didn't even budge while we were on the interstate. That's how tight the fit is. Couldn't have planned it any better.

Kylee and Ayden did well at the Mall. Kylee slept the entire time. Ayden walked beside the stroller the entire time. About the time we were getting ready to leave, she said she was tired of walking and her legs were tired. She wanted me to carry her. Of course I said yes.

We are looking forward to the Fourth of July cookout at mom and dad's this weekend. It should be a blast. Now that there is a large play land there for the kids. April and I are also going to blow up the small pool we bought a couple of years back. The kids seem to like this when it is available. This year they will be able to get hot on the swings and slides and then cool off in the pool. Ayden wants us to put the pool at the end of the slide but I don't think that is going to happen. I think she is going to be our little Dare Devil. I see several trips to the ER for broken bones in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment