Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Well, I finally decided to post an update. I know there are thousands of you out there in the great blogosphere just sitting in front of your computer waiting to find out what is new in the Copley Household.


April, Ayden, and I just got home from Dora Live in Charleston. Ayden had a wonderful time. She was singing and dancing in the aisles. She was yelling at Swiper the Fox. I had a great time just watching her. The show was actually entertaining also. We bought her a shirt and she immediately had to put it on. It was so funny. Kylee is spending her first night away from mommy and daddy. I feel that she is probably handling this better than we are.


Will and Pam are keeping her tonight. Nanny is staying with them to spend some time with Kylee. April called her mom to check on Kylee and Pam told her that April's grandparents, Bill and Biddie, had came over to see Kylee. This is the first time that they have seen her. Bill held her and apparently she initiated him. She threw up on his arm. I think it was a good bit by the sound of it.

It was great to see Ayden feeling better. She has been pretty sick with a virus. She has been running a fairly high temperature on and off since around Thursday. We could not keep her away from Kylee and fearing that Kylee would get sick also Pam volunteered to take Ayden to her house for a few days. This was nice but boy was she missed.

Dad and I took Ayden to the doctor on Father's Day and the doctor said that she would probably feel better by today. The doctor was correct. He gave us a prescription and said that if she wasn't feeling better by today to start it. We did not start it because she was feeling better.

On the way back from the doctor on Father's Day we stopped at Beech Fork Marina. Ayden had a blast feeding the fish. I don't know which one of us had more fun. I think it was my dad, Larry. He bought Ayden Doritos and fish food to feed the Carp. She even told them she loved them and that she would see them later when we were leaving. She told dad that she wanted to go out on a boat for her birthday, so he is now planning on getting a pontoon for a day for all of us to go out on. I don't know how that is going to work, but I'm sure it will be an experience.


Kylee is doing well. She goes back to the doctor this Thursday. She is gaining weight. She is eating more and sleeping less. I saw some baby pictures of April this evening and Kylee looks identical to them. It is scary. April is feeling much better. Other than being very tired. I am not helping her enough. I need to help more. She looks good. She has lost a good bit of weight.

Rick, Sherry, and Jennifer Webb came over on Friday to visit. Sherry brought a shirt for Kylee and Ayden from Washington, D.C. She also brought a box of diapers. You can never have enough of those when you have a new baby. Kylee's said "Future President", and Ayden's was Tye-dyed. Ayden loved her shirt. She said it was just like mommy's. April has a Tye-dyed shirt also. Sherry also brought Ayden some M&M's. She knows how to get on Ayden's good side. It was too bad that Ayden was sick and staying with Will and Pam when they came over.


We talked about how hot it had been and I mentioned that my air conditioning unit had not kicked off for some time. Well, this is ironic because Saturday morning the air conditioner unit stopped working. By Saturday afternoon it was about 80 degrees in the house. Dad came over and looked at it. He said that he could not find anything major wrong with it. I called Ross and Williamson's emergency number and they called me back. The technician said that they were covered up. If he came on Saturday it would be 1 or 2 am before he could get there. He and I decided Monday morning would be good enough since we had some place to go. We loaded Kylee up and went to stay with mom and dad Saturday and Sunday nights. Since Ayden was already at Will and Pam's this worked out fairly well.


Ross and Williamson came yesterday morning and fixed it while I was at an in service. I believe I could live without a lot of things, an air conditioner isn't one of them. When you have lived your entire life with one you rely on it way too much. More so than some other things. For example, I think it would be easier to live without heat. You can always put more clothes on to get warm, but you can only take so many off. And I'll stop there before I make the thousands of you reading this sick from mental pictures.


Kylee took her first official trip to Wal-Mart yesterday. She has been before, but stayed in the vehicle with April or me. We took her in with us yesterday. She had a wonderful time. She looked for cartoons and at shoes wan. She wanted all the pretty cereal boxes. No, wait. That's what Ayden does. Kylee slept the whole time we were there yesterday.
















2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are doing well and that you had dun at Dora! J and I are in New Orleans (I am posting our travelog on my blog. (www.holliemurdock.blogspot.com)

    When Bob called Justin today, he said he already hired Jake! That was sure fast. Did you tell him we were looking for him? Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great reading that all is feeling better! Glad you enjoyed "Dora" as well. Wonder if If Bill will be attending these shows in the future?? :):)

    Inservice already - whew, they almost let you get your breath before starting back to work! Ahh - I remember the days - some summers were jammed packed with inservice sessions - this I do bot miss! :):)

    Enjoy your time with your girls -summer will be over before you know it!

    Love and prayers,
    Sue and Bill

    ReplyDelete