Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tueday, June 2, 2009


Kylee and I are having a sleepover. Not the kind that I would hope for. April was discharged earlier today. Although, I feel that she could have used another day to rest. But all is well. We dropped some things off at the house and then I dropped her off at her mom's. We discussed it and thought that it would be more convenient if she went there. I told her that I would come back since parents could stay the night in the NICU, simply for her piece of mind. Not that I could really do anything. I am also a "Nervous Nelly". I helped April a lot, but the nurses have to do everything for Kylee. It just makes me so nervous without April here that I want to puke. I know I am a pansy. I admit it.

Kylee is still not eating the best in the world so they want to keep her a little longer to see if her sucking reflex improves. It seems to with each feeding. It may be tomorrow or Thursday before she is released. That is alright. We are not going to hurry things. We want to be sure that she is ready.


Sitting here watching her sleep after filling her belly it makes me wonder how any human allowed to draw a breath could harm an innocent angel like this. If it were up to me, and it is not it is only my opinion, anyone that harmed a hair on a child's head would suffer a worse punishment than death. For death is an easy way out, a coward's escape. There would be far worse things in store for them than what is claimed to have happened in GITMO, each day of their life. Oh no, they would not be saved by the death penalty. That would be an easy out.

No comments:

Post a Comment