Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tueday, June 9, 2009

I woke Ayden up around 7:00am so she could go to the last day of work with me. The administration was having breakfast for the teachers and I thought she would enjoy it. She was a bear while we were getting her ready. It might have been due to the fact that she was awake for a few hours in the wee hours of the morning. On the way there Ayden wanted to know if Sherry Webb was my teacher. I told her not really.

Once we got there she was not her typical self. She was more like a zombie. She didn't really get going until it was time to go. Although she did play with balloons while we were in line to get food. She ate well. She looked at me and said, "Daddy, I ready to go home now". She wasn't mean about it, she was just tired and ready to go home. She was happy to see Sherry and Jenn Webb.

Shawna Lewis gave Ayden a whole bag of "good" junk. Ayden was in heaven. We were able to see Paul, Jeanette, Ty, Heather, Becca, and Sherry, and the rest of the my co-workers. I'll take this opportunity to give a shout out to my "Angels", you know who you are. I haven't forgotten you. Thank you Cheryl Canterbury. I haven't really seen any of you guys in a while. Between my illness and the new baby, I have been out a bunch. Oh well. You'll have that. It was good seeing all you guys and chatting with you all. Thanks for the well wishes and the words of encouragement. It helps tremendously.

We went to Wal-Mart and picked up a few things including a new pink baby for Ayden. The old one was pretty scroungy, even Ayden thought so. We got home and Titus, Vada, and Hollie came over for a play date and to see Kylee. They stayed and had lunch with Ayden and watched Yo Gabba Gabba. Debbie and Pam stopped in to see Kylee and they said that they wanted to see us too. I told them that they didn't have to fib. We still loved them. They gave us and update on Nanny. It is good to have family like them. We are blessed that all our friends and family are. I wish they lived closer and we got to see them more often.

Great Grandpa Ruben and Great Grandma Violet came to visit this evening. Jake also came to cut the lawn. He came in a visited. He called later and told us the he got a B in Microbiology. Mama Violet held Kylee and Ayden, because Ayden has to oversee everything that goes on with her sissy. They stayed for a good little visit. They were tickled that Ayden was so involved with Kylee. They thought that she was a good little helper because she went a got a diaper for April to put on Kylee.

Will and Josh came over. Will was able to hold Kylee. But of course, just like the last time, Ayden had a little fit so he had to take a time out. After about three minutes she was finished and he got to get her back. April gave Kylee a bath while Will was here and yet again, she squalled her little head off. But of course she smelled better. Not that she smelled bad.

Mom, dad, and uncle Matty came over. Ayden met them on the porch. She was happy to see them. She has had a busy day. Uncle Matty told Ayden that he was going to take Kylee home with him. She said, "No Matty, she's a keeper." We all just about peed ourselves. She can be really cute.

But of course she has had one of her days for the most part. I think it is all due to her midnight escapade. She does not want anyone to handle Kylee. I have tried to explain that she needs to share with other people because she gets to see baby sissy all of the time and other people just get to come and visit her. I really don't understand why a 2 1/2 year old can't understand reasoning. I guess I am just asking too much.

She loves giving mom, dad, and Matty a hard time. She told dad just before they left that she only had one hug left and it was for Meemaw. Then he acted like he got all upset and she said she had enough left for him one but not Matty. She finally gave him one. When they were pulling out of the driveway, I had to carry her and chase Matty down. She told him he forgot a secret. She had to tell him a story and give him another hug and tell him she loved him. She is a really good little girl. I couldn't ask for a better mannered daughter. I'm confident we will do just as good with Kylee.

I believe that you can only teach your children so many manners and instill in them so much knowledge. You have to model correct decisions and just hope that they use that knowledge to make correct decisions of their own when the time calls for it. You can wear yourself out worrying about what ifs. Especially in today's society. I think the key to rearing successful, productive members of society, is being a good role model yourself. This is imperative. Surround yourself and your children with loving, caring individuals that are goal oriented and look for the best of life and in other people.

That's enough of me being a "philosiphiser".

No comments:

Post a Comment