Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday, June 12, 2009

It sure is boring around the Copley household without Ayden. She has been gone all day. She has spent the day at the "Tiny Shop". Then she was going with Uncle Matt, Meemaw and Peepaw to Sam's and Ponderosa. She really likes Ponderosa. She can get all of her favorite foods as well as ice cream with "frincles" on top. She is so funny. She likes posing for the camera. I don't know where she gets it.


Kylee has been the typical contented baby today. Eat, sleep, poo, repeat. All day.

I have done about 5 loads of laundry and folded them too. Usually, I wash and dry them, but don't always get them folded. That is my new child resolution. To fold them as they dry. So I don't have piles of clean laundry lying on top of the washer and dryer. Plus, if there is no clean laundry on top of the washer and dryer I can show off the new units. They look like something out of a Ray Bradbury novel. Sci Fi looking they are I must say.

Nanny had been to Wal-Mart and stopped by. She had bought Kylee and Ayden an outfit each and she dropped them off. Wal-Mart has the cutest children's clothing. I just can't seem to find any newborn gowns for Kylee. Nanny ended up getting caught here during the storms which was perfectly fine with her. She was able to hold and cuddle with Kylee. And don't forget give me a hard time. That is her second favorite thing to do.


The gowns Kylee wears are a little big. At times she can get her arm through the neck hole. She moves the most of any 2 week old baby I have ever seen. She is starting to pick her head up and follow mine and April's voices. It is really something to see when Ayden starts talking to her. It is like she lights up. She will start moving and bouncing and kicking. It is very heart warming to me, as the daddy, to watch this.

Just before it was time for her 8:00 feeding, Kylee and I went for a walk in the driveway. The storms of the day had cooled it down nicely. She was a little cranky and April had a couple of things to take care of, so out we went. We looked at birds. Robins and Blue Jays. I showed her the sandbox where she and Ayden would be able to play. I had filled the Hummingbird feeder and there are several of them visiting it. I tried to show them to her. Of course, she was asleep for all of this. I still had a good time. Plus, I know that she couldn't see them anyway. That doesn't make it any less fun.

After the feeding, which was another record, we posed her on the couch in a sitting position for a few pictures. It was as if she knew what was going on. She started putting her finger in her mouth like she was thinking and rubbing her head. It was really funny.

April and I have been talking about how much Kylee has seemed to be awake today. More so than normal. That wouldn't take a whole lot. We have joked that she has been looking for Ayden and not been able to find her. I miss Ayden not being here. I like being off in the summers, that is one of the benefits that April and I both have as teachers. It just makes it really hard for us to go back to work in the fall.

Ayden finally made it home around 9:00. The first thing she wanted to do was wash her hands so she could hold baby sissy. We went ahead and washed her up for bed. We put on a Dora gown and a pull up. She hasn't really needed a pull up in some time now, but we still use them just in case. The last time that she didn't wear one, which was months ago, she wet the bed just before we woke her up to take her to the sitter. She kept apologizing and crying. It was so sad that I almost cried. She also still wants to wear one.

She loved on Kylee for a few minutes and talked to us about her day. Then she just looked at us and said, "I'm ready to go to bed." Wow, that caught us off guard. So we put her a movie on and tucked her in. Uncle Matty went to her room with her for a while. She is a really good little girl. I don't know how we got so lucky. We keep telling each other that Kylee is the one that is going to make up for it. I'm sure that if we are not careful we could end up like a lot of parents that we have talked to. They say if their second child had been their first, they would have only had one.

I know that they are just joking and they love their children dearly, but no matter what happens in the future, I will always remain very thankful to April for giving me two beautiful daughters. She has put herself through very dangerous health problems that may plague her for years to come in order to be a mother. She is great at it, as if it is what she is meant to do. I would never make such a comment kidding or not. I have too much respect for her and would never want to upset or hurt her.

No comments:

Post a Comment