Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wow, April just called and Kylee has gained another 14 ounces. That brings the grand total to 6lbs, 14 1/2 oz. It is really storming here. Pam went to the Kylee's appointment with April. Ayden wanted to go with baby sissy. So Pam went to help.

April and I spent the majority of the day in the Emergency Room yesterday. My back is yet again out. They took x-rays to see if there was any noticeable compression issues with my spine. They said there was some arthritis and degenerative issues. The doctor said it was rare for someone my age. I told the doc that is also rare for a 19 year old to have back surgery. She agreed. They gave me Tordol and Deloded. It did not help at all. Other than making me sick last night. Oh well. Gotta try to get some relief.

The girls are doing great though. That is the main thing. You should have seen the us this morning getting ready for the doctor's appointment. Doing what I like to call the Copley Household Shuffle. I bathed Ayden, April ran Kylee's water. Then April rinsed Ayden while I bathed Kylee. April was dressing Ayden and fixing her hair while I was doing this. I put lotion and a diaper on her and got Kylee dressed. I fed her while April was getting a shower.

Kylee is eating about three ounces a feeding now. She has no set schedule. She can eat as often as every 1 1/2 hours or go as long as 5 hours between feedings. It is very strange. She also doesn't take as much formula as breast milk. The formula is thicker and she seems to spit up a little more with it. We had to start with formula because she was eating so much more. We just feed it to supplement. She doesn't seem to mind, as long as she gets fed. April was going to discuss adding cereal to her milk with Dr. Miranda today. I'm just waiting on them to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment