Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Today was a good day. April continues to heal. She was up and around more today. Ayden wound up on my side of the bed last night. It was a long night. She was up from 3:30am until about 5am. But then she and April slept until about 11. I brought Kylee with me into the living room at about 9 so they could sleep. April really needs too.

Once they woke up I let Ayden help cook her breakfast. She loves it. It also allows for her to eat more of a variety of foods. She helped make scrambled eggs. She put the butter in the pan and watched it melt. I then let her crack the egg and put it in the pan. She also did a very good job of stirring it. Finally, she put shredded cheese on her egg. She was so pleased with herself. As were April and I.

Kylee had a really good day. Although she doesn't eat very well for me. It is a fight to get her to eat half of her bottle. April believes that she gets too comfortable and falls asleep. She does do this, but she also squirms and fights and spits out as much as she takes in. I don't know what I do wrong. I can't remember Ayden being that way with me although April says she was. Probably.

On a little personal note here, Kylee can give any full grown man a run for his money in a belching or farting contest. No joke. It is amazing.

Ayden went to stay the night with Will and Pam. They came over earlier and brought April her birthday present that had just arrived. It was Vera Bradley for her new office. It was a complete set with wall hanging, note pad and all. It was a combined gift from Them, Sara, and Josh. They left and would come back later for Ayden.

We played all day. We tried to get her down for a nap but she was having nothing to do with it. She is doing this thing now where she wants to climb all over me. I don't mind it. Well, she took full advantage of me not seeing her for a couple of days. She climbed on me for a couple of hours today. I don't know about her, but my legs are really sore. I guess I'm just getting old. Will came and picked her up around 8pm. She is going to the Clay Meeting with Will and Pam tomorrow. It is easier for them to get her up there than us here and then them coming to get her.

I'm glad April is doing better. I was worried about her in the ER on Wednesday. But like I posted before she is a strong individual. She can take a lot. And has. After both girls and her tumor surgery the only pain medicine she would take was Motrin. I would have been screaming like a little girl. I don't know how she did it. This past surgery is the only time that I know of that she has had morphine. It was rather funny. They had given it to her in the recovery room. She didn't get sick like she usually does. That is one reason she won't take pain medication. But she is a trooper.

Kylee is sleeping well, time to get some rest before the next feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment