Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday, July 31, 2009

Well, things are slowly returning to "normal" here in the Copley household. If life with a 3 year old and a 2 month old could be called normal. Funny thing is, I don't remember life before children.

Kylee came home around 11:30 today. Dad had Ayden at the shop and she made it home later this evening. I called and ordered everyone pizza. Mom, dad, and Matthew had dinner with us. It was a good evening. Ayden was really glad to be home. We were glad to have both of the girls back where they belong. But, boy is it nice to have family to depend on in an emergency. Thanks to my Aunt Sherry and cousins Holly and Tiffany for coming to visit April while she was in the hospital after surgery. Family is the biggest treasure that we can have.

Ayden was very affectionate this evening, I love it when she is this way. Mom and dad stayed a while and helped with the girls. April is still sore and tired. I can completely understand. She has done really well after her surgery. Bad thing is she still has to undergo the biopsy next week. Kylee has been a good girl today. I have done the feeding and diaper changes. I never realized how much April did and I didn't do. I helped her, but not nearly as much as I thought I did. I now know that I need to help with Kylee more.

I'm getting a little anxious for school to get started back. I guess the sooner we go back, the sooner we will be on summer break again. That's one way to look at it. Next week I need to make follow up calls to the preschools for Ayden. April and I need to really sit down and devise a plan of where and when we want her to go. Which one would be the best, not only for curriculum but in location for transportation.

Getting really excited for October to roll around. It is a big month. It will mark our 7 year wedding anniversary. I never thought that April would keep me around for this long. I guess I have finally grown on her. I hope I make her half as happy as she makes me. That sounds really fembot, but it is true. She has given me two beautiful daughters and has been with me through all of my ailments and never missed a beat. In my defense I guess she has now had more than her fair share of medical problems. I would gladly take them for her. I hate to see her in pain. I would rather be the one lying in the flattering hospital gown, getting all of the good drugs. But then again, I'm a wimp and she deals with pain a lot better than I.

October will also be my first attempt at an official hiking trip. 18 miles in two days. I have a lot of work to do before the trip. Getting in shape that is. I have most of the gear that I need, I think. I just need to get in a little better shape. If you read this and think you would be up to the adventure just let me know. Don't worry about never having done it before, I haven't either.

As always, Life is good, I'm just along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment