Sunday, August 9, 2009

Saturday Evening, August 8, 2009

We arrived at Will and Pam's and helped with some preparation of the food and the setting of the table and things like that. It was a while before Sara and Zack arrived. Ayden was about to wear us out waiting on them. She was wanting to hide from Zack so she could scare him when he got there. Sara called when they pulled in the driveway so Ayden could run and hide. They came in and started looking for Ayden and you could hear her laughing and snorting around the corner. She was so excited she couldn't be still.

It was a good visit. Zack brought pictures and after what I must say was an excellent meal we sat down and looked at a lot of them on the computer via a slide show. Unbelievable. Afghanistan is beautiful but deceivingly dangerous at the same time. Zack and I discussed getting dogs. I've really been wanting one for some time now, but there are just too many more cons than pros at this time so I think I should probably hold off for the time being.
Sara and Zack brought Ayden her birthday gifts since all that is and has been going on we aren't going to be able to have her a party here. We had her cake and stuff at the beach, but we just have too much on our plate to do one here. Plus, it is just to long past her actual birthday. They bought her a set of story books. By the time we had left I think she had read each one about 1o times. There was also some sort of game with ducks. From the time I got the batteries in it, Zack was in the floor playing with her. Later, after dinner, (steak) Ayden wooled all over Sara and Zack on the couch. When Josh was tickling her, she yelled for Zack to come and save her. She really likes him. It is funny. Ayden and Sara caught up on lost time arguing. Ayden needed to go to the potty and would not let Sara take her. She layed in the floor of the bathroom and cried because Sara tried to take her. Later, Ayden wouldn't let anyone take her but Sara. I think it was on purpose because on that trip, Ayden ran her out of the bathroom. Sara had to turn the fan on and then clean out Ayden's little potty. She said it was completely full. They act like sisters. It is fun to watch.


Sara and Zack left out before we did, he had to leave out early Sunday morning to head back to Indiana for a couple of weeks. Then he will be back for a little while. I'm not sure what will happen after that. He has a couple of job opportunities.

We left and we were going to stop by mom and dad's but they weren't home. I was almost out of gas so we ran to BP to fill up. The way things are going, I could see me having to leave in the middle of the night because of an emergency and not having enough gas to get to the hospital. We pulled in and Ayden said,"Too many lights". April told her to close her eyes. Well, she did. And went to sleep.

Kylee was asleep most of the day. Except for when she was arguing with Josh. She was even pointing at him. It was hilarious. He was tickling Ayden and she was screaming and laughing. Kylee started giving Josh the stink eye and pointing at him. Then she would look away and we would all laugh. Then someone would tell her to tell Uncle Joshie to stop and she would look right at him and point her finger and glare at him. She did this five or six times. It was really funny. That was the extent of her "awakeness" today.

After we filled up, we stopped by the house to use the bathroom and let April grab her phone. April was feeling so well we decided to go for a drive. Since her Nanny is out of town we decided to drive to East Lynn and check on things. It was a good drive and we just talked. Something that we don't get to do much lately it seems. We got there and I checked the doors. Everything seemed to be fine.

On the way back, my cousin, Kent had just pulled into his driveway so we stopped and talked to him and his girlfriend Tiffany for about 30 minutes or so. They just bought a house and I hadn't talked to him in a while. He had done a lot of work and the place, from what I saw, looked nice.

We got home around 11:30pm and Ayden woke up just long enough to see her eyes while we were putting her pajamas on. Kylee woke up while we were changing her, but she always does. It was a relatively still night in the Copley Household. It was nice. April has to go back to work on Monday and I'll be here with the girls by myself. I don't know what I am afraid of more. April going back to work and over doing it, or me being here with the two girls by myself. I'll be fine. And so will she.

No comments:

Post a Comment