Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday, August 10, 2009

Last night Ayden pulled another first. April was in the shower and I was in the bed playing a game on my phone. Ayden had been in her bed for some time. Kylee was asleep in her crib that is in our room. I thought I felt something bump our bed, but I didn't see anything. I started counting and nothing. I got up and walked around and said, "Ayden better not be in here or she will be in big trouble". Still nothing. The bed spread was off of the bed and in the floor. I just happened to pick it up and there was Ayden hiding under it. She immediately said, "I was playing hide and seek from you, daddy." She has been doing that a lot lately. She hides in the hall and at the doorway. I think she figures we will just give up and let her just jump right up in the bed with us if she makes us mad enough. Hate to tell her that it's not going to work.

Today is April's first day back to work from summer break. I don't go back to work until the 21st. I think. I am here, alone, with both girls. They depend on me to survive, which does nothing to ease my nerves. It wouldn't be nearly as nerve wrecking if it wasn't for all of their basic needs. Of course, Ayden can tell me when she needs to go potty or needs something to eat. Kylee, on the other hand, just screams. I have gotten fairly good at deciphering the screams. Which one means hungry or wet and so on.

I woke up this morning to feet and knees buried into my back and a screaming baby in the crib. Thinking, where in the world is April? Oh yea. She went to work. Kylee wanted to eat immediately and so did Ayden. She wanted pancakes. Dry, which means no syrup. That is good. A habit we have tried to get her into. I fixed a bottle as I was fixing the pancake so I could feed Kylee as soon as I gave the plate to Ayden. And that was none too soon.

As much as Kylee was screaming while all the preparation was going on she sure was content once she ate. Like a different baby. Ayden is now running around the living room playing with a stuffed Lady from Lady and the Tramp. I have been telling her we need to talk mommy into letting us buy a puppy. An Akita pup. If it wasn't so close to time to go back to school, I think I would. If I had a little more time to house train it I believe I would get one, "for Ayden".

I have talked to April a couple of times today and it seems that she is having a pretty good day. She is unpacking and getting things organized in her new office. the new office is really nice. I ordered her about ten 8X10 and one 13X19 prints from Megan Duncanson, the same artist I ordered her a couple of paintings from for her birthday, for her office. We will have to get them framed because they are prints but they are still really interesting and full of color. They should be mailed out today and arrive sometime later this week. I also ordered another original painting for here at the house. Bringing our grand total to 3 of her originals. April and I have became pretty big fans of hers.

I really think Ayden may be a tad warped. She has seen more than her fair share of surgeries and hospital stays to April and I and even grandparents. She is running around here playing doctor. Unfortunately, I am the failing patient. She is taking my blood pressure and looking in my ears and eyes. She has a couple of Disney Princess dress up outfits. She just told me to button it because it was her princess doctor outfit. WHATEVER. Where does she come up with this stuff? I tell people all the time that she is already smarter than I am at 3 years old. It really is not a joke. I blame Noggin. Maybe I could sue them.

Picture this, she is walking around the living room right now with her Princess "doctor" top, skirt, and high heels on. She has flashlight that moos every time you squeeze its tail and she is combing her hair.

There is never a dull moment in the Copley Household. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the time you have with the girls - they will grow up too fast!!!! We will think about our "team" as you all go back to work - especially since you will be breaking in new administrators!!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete