Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The second day that April has been back to work, the second day that I have had the girls all alone. It has been nice. I have secretly been brain washing them while April is away. Ayden and I have been having long discussions about getting a puppy. She is set on it. She mentions it at least 10 times a day.

We had a good day, we played and played and played. I fixed her breakfast and fed Kylee. Kylee slept most of the day today. Although, she did poo twice within 30 minutes of each one. Not a real eventful day just a good one because I woke up and am blessed to have three of the best women in the world under my roof.

Ayden has been making up stories and songs. She inserts the appropriate name to fit the person that is with her at the time. She sang me a song that went something like, "I love my special daddy, he is the best daddy, that takes me to the potty and fixes me milk". I know, sweet

She read April a story when she came home. It was the same sort of story with mommy inserted. Pam is out of town so Will and Josh came over to have pizza with us. It was good to have company. Ayden was sure glad to see them. Kylee like when Papaw Will comes to visit. She gets a lot of attention.

After showers and when I was fixing Ayden her nightly cup of milk, she came into the kitchen. She said, daddy, and batted her big blue eyes. I said what honey. She looked me dead in the eye and said I think I want a puppy...or a kangaroo...or a giraffe. I lost it. I cracked up. I tried to get her to tell April what she wanted but she said that mommy would laugh at her. I had to explain that I was laughing at her because she was cute. So then she told her. We are still laughing about it. I guess, at least she doesn't want a tiger or a King Cobra. It could always be worse.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I think a kangaroo would be very nice! All that hopping is bound to be a hoot! haha. Glad you are surviving the girls! When will Ayden start preschool? Are you still going to send her? Justin is letting me get GOATS! A dog is nothing. You could tell April at least you are not asking for a goat! haha. Hope Ayden gets her puppy, or kangaroo, or giraffe...although you might have to add a second story for that last one.

    ReplyDelete