Saturday, August 22, 2009

What a Weekend Already

Got home from the first day back to work to find a frozen up air conditioning unit. I was going to change the filters and removed the cover and WOW, there was a big bunch of ice.

Called the technician and he said let it thaw a few hours, replace filters, and turn it back on. Check. I did it. The girls were sent to cooler climates. Ayden to mom and dad's. Kylee to Will and Pam's. I miss them when they are not here.


I made sure the drain was cleaned out, and that it was free of ice before turning the unit back on. At about 10:00 I turned it back on. It doesn't seem to be cooling like it should. I went out today, and the filter was wet. I tried to get in contact with Ross and Williamson and as of now, 12:47, I have not heard back from them. It is cooler in the house, but it was exceptionally cooler outside last night.

Debbie and Pam called and wanted to know if they could come by until time for Sara's party. She is having a Welcome Home Party for Zach. I think it starts about 4. Debbie lives near Columbus. They came in a little early to see the girls.

April left to collect the girls so they would be here once Deb and Pam arrived. They got here about 1:00. It is always nice to have them visit.

The past few days I have been feeling really strange. I can't explain it. It's like I'm living in a fog. Like my brain is on a 10 second television delay. I don't know, just trying to stay as "normal" as possible. Whatever that is.

I ordered Ayden a LL Bean Book Pack for preschool that she is going to start on Sept. 15. It is pink. That is the color she wanted. Imagine that.

The air conditioning is fixed. Needed refrigerant, they said there was probably a leak and that they would be back during the week as not to incur a large call out bill. He put enough in to get us to then.

We had a wonderful time at Sara's welcome home party for Zach. There were several people there. A lot of his friends and a lot of our family. It was good. There was a little boy there that was Ayden's age so she had a blast. I manned the grill. Wow, I cooked several pounds of beef. There was tons of other food there also. Just the way a good cookout should be. The weather was great. It cooled down in the evening and we were all outside watching the children run and play tag, color on Sara's carport with sidewalk chalk, and just be funny kids. It was nice.

We stopped by mom and dad's on the way home and talked to dad a while. Mom was gone, and the girls were sound asleep in the truck. We got home and fed Kylee and I don't think Ayden even stayed awake to get her gown on. She played hard. April and I are exhausted. I'm ready for bed. I'm planning on going for a day hike tomorrow. We'll see how I feel when I wake up.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a great week back to work! Hope the girls adjust to Daddy and Mommy being back to work!! Hope your "fog" lifts, and you will be on top of your game for the first day of new students!! We'll be thinking about you!!!!! and the team!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of the girls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete