Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday, August 14, 2009

It has been a few days since my last blog entry. It has been a little busy. April has got her first week back to work for the fall under her belt, and I have one more week until I go back. I'm actually looking forward to getting back in the swing of things.

Ayden went to mom and dad's last night so she could go to the shop with dad today. We had left April's car in town yesterday evening and we rode home together since we both had to be back in town early this morning. We dropped Kylee off with Will and Josh. They were going to watch her today. I had two doctors appointments today. Everything went well. I go back to Dr. Ahmed in 3 months for another check up on my Chiari Malformation. The medications seem to be really helping. He gave me a couple sample packs of a new medication to try instead of the injections of Immatrex. It is a tablet, so it will be easier, no doubt. I just hope it works as well. It is supposedly better.

April backed into a parked car in one of Marshall's parking lots yesterday. It was my fault. She came to give me a ride from there to Old Main to order transcripts for a job at the State Department I am going to apply for. It was an older car that was pretty beat up anyway. I called MUPD and they came over and were pretty shocked that I had called them and not just driven off. I took several pictures and made sure that they agreed that we hadn't done any damage to the other car. They took down April's information and left a note, along with the parking ticket, on the other instructing the owner of the car to call him if they had any questions. He said he would call us if the owner of the car contacted him and he would fill out an official report. We haven't heard from him yet. I doubt we will. April's car just has one perfect circular dent in the corner of the driver's side rear bumper. It is about the size of a softball. I had to laugh at her. I thought she had hit a kid on a bike. We had one of those days yesterday.

We left there and went to April's doctor appointment. She is on a few new meds and is really watching blood pressure and weight, aren't we all. She has to really watch her kidney's. It wasn't the greatest news, but by all means it could have been a lot worse. The news was a lot better than we had anticipated. We were relieved. It won't hurt either of us to eat healthier and be a bit more active. I am really proud of her. She is 30 pounds lighter than she was before she became pregnant with Ayden, over 3 years ago.

The past two nights Kylee has slept through the entire night. It is more than I can say for myself. I haven't been sleeping well. It comes and goes. I have lost so much sleep lately that my eyes are constantly burning and I have a headache. Not the same kind as the Chiari, Migraine. But aggravation none the less.

April and I rode to town together this morning. It was fun. We have been like a young couple just starting to date lately. We have been talking for hours on end. I was always afraid that after you were married for a while and had kids and so on, that you would just kind of talk about the necessities; what's for dinner, who's going to pick up the kids, I'll be late this evening, and so on. We have been so busy and worried lately that that's kind of what was happening, but the last week or so we have been talking about everything. For hours on end, until we would both fall asleep. I really enjoy it. I know that sometimes she just wishes I would shut up.

I ordered two new phone cases for mine and April's iPhone yesterday evening from Amazon.com. They were pretty expensive, but hey, they are Italian leather ;). You can also put your ID and Debit/Credit Cards and cash in them. They are called the Sena Wallet Book. Hers is red and mine is black. They are faux alligator skin. NICE. Anyway, I ordered them yesterday evening at about 7pm and they were on my porch by 3pm today. That's what I call service. They are pretty nice. For one, I won't have to carry my phone and a wallet now, and two, I haven't seen anyone (other than April) who has a case like this. Considering they were $50 each I probably won't either. That's a lot for a cell phone case you say. Well, we don't have a house phone because we choose to use only our cell phones. We have the iPhone which is a PDA, ipod (plays music, think Sony Walkman, only I have 2000 songs on mine), phone, camera (I have almost 300 pix of the girls on mine), I even have some really neat educational games for Ayden to play while we are traveling, and it is a miniature computer with Internet. These phones are amazing. I wasn't a big fan of them until I actually got one for Father's Day. The case protects the phone as well as replaces the worn out wallet I have been carrying for 3 years or longer. So, if you need a new phone, I would consider the Apple iPhone. If you already have one, I would recommend Googling the name of the case, it is really nice.

Thanks for reading.
Let the ones you love know it.
Tomorrow is not definite.

No comments:

Post a Comment