Sunday, August 16, 2009

Saturday/ Sunday August 15-16, 2009

Whomever coined the phrase "Terrible Twos", obviously didn't have a three year old. I don't mean to make this sound bad, because its not. It just drives me nuts.

We went to the Beach Fork Pool on Saturday because it was HOT. And of course there were tons of skanks there. There was even one woman that obviously didn't get enough attention at home. She had a drain coming out of her back. Probably because she had an infection of some sort. The tube ran down to a bag that was hooked on to her cut-off jean shorts that were a really good paint job. I didn't see her in the big pool but I did see her standing under the water sprinklers of the baby pool. I did hear the the women that were with her, after examining the tube exit, ask her if she had hit it while she was in the large pool. You should have seen the act she put on when one of the small children hit her leg, her leg, not even close to her back. Of course, the lady standing next to her might have tapped her back, I don't know. I just know that she probably should not have been parading around in the open with nothing but a gauze 4x4 covering the tube exiting from deep inside of her. Just my opinion.


Ayden and I went out to the truck to eat lunch. I had packed a picnic and she was getting hungry and tired. I had to carry her all the way there. We ate and fixed April a Turkey sandwhich, grapes, Sun chips, and some cheese cubes to sneak into her. We took it into her and Ayden ate all of the grapes, even though she had eaten six or more at the truck. They were good.

Kylee was good. When she got too hot we would walk her under the sprinklers of the baby pool or sit on the edge of it. Ayden was really good she would cup her hands and put water on Kylee's legs and stomach. It was funny.

We left a little after five. Both girls were getting tired. We took everything out of the gate and I went to get the truck. When I got back April and I loaded Kylee and the towels. I told Ayden to sit up out of the stroller so I could put her in her seat and she said, "NO". I told her to sit up again, and she said, "I am resting first". I told her that if she wanted to come back to the pool she would sit up so I could sit her in the truck. She told me that she would wait till we were gone and she would leave and come back by herself. OK whatever, where does she come up with this stuff.

We got home and starting cleaning the girls up. Kylee was going to mom and dad's and Ayden was going to Will and Pam's. April was trying to get Ayden in the bath and she was throwing her normal fit. Then it was so funny. She asked April why she was so hateful. And we thought Ayden was the one being hateful.

We finally got her out and I put her into the living room to watch cartoons and watch for Pam so she could come and get us when she got here. I packed Ayden's bag and clothes for her to wear to Granny Doe's birthday party on Sunday. I went back to the Master Bath to help April with Kylee. She holds her in the shower and I wash her. Kylee actually loves it. She laughs and kicks. She has a great time.

I heard Ayden yelling Grammy so I went back into the living room. She had her head stuck out the front door yelling, "I miss you, Grammy" over and over again. I asked her if Grammy was here and she said no, I just miss her.

We got Kylee ready and I ed her before mom arrived to get her at about 9:30. It was odd to have both girls gone. If one of them is gone we usually always have the other at home with us. Unless of course we are at the hospital.

April and I had big plans. We were going to go to Rocco's to eat but it was too late. We then decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings, the food is good, and they are open late. We thought we wanted to go to a late movie, but none started late enough. So we went to eat. We chatted and talked to one of April's former students. We went to Rt. 60 Wal-Mart. By this time it was around midnight. We were both really tired. April was falling asleep in the passenger seat. I was falling asleep driving. I don't know how we made it home. I thought seriously about stopping and getting a room in town, just so I wouldn't have had to drive home. We are getting old. Just not the party animals we once were.

We got up this morning and just kind of lounged around. It was nice. We started getting ready to go to Dunlow. Mom and dad had gone to get pizza at Domino's and a cake for Granny Doe. Today is her 70th birthday. We visited with everyone and ate. We brought Kylee and came home. Ayden stayed with mom and dad so she could play with my cousin's little girl. She is about a year older than Ayden.

I just talked to mom and asked her to bring something that we had forgotten home with her, and I heard Ayden say, "I want to talk to my daddy right now!" I told mom to tell her not to be so bossy. Mom said that she had given her the look and that was all that it had taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment