Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday, August 6, 2009

April had a follow up with Dr. Jennings, the doctor that performed her appendectomy. He released her to go back to work on Monday. He said she looked like she was doing very well. He also told her to watch what she lifted and to take it easy for a while longer.I found out on Wednesday that I am to undergo a series of injections in my spine for my back pain. They are some sort of nerve block, epidural. There will be three of them given once a month. If, after the second one, they don't seem to help, they will discuss inserting a tenze unit into my back. That is a stimulator that sends electric signals into the spine to release the swelling and pressure placed on the nerves. I'm up for whatever gives me some relief.

After April's appointment today we went to buy some welcome home gifts for Sara's boyfriend, Zack. He landed in Indiana today, back from an eight month tour of Afghanistan. He is a really good guy. We got to spend a lot of time with him over Thanksgiving and Christmas before he was deployed. We are glad he is back safe. Ayden really likes him. He is really good with her. He always brought her some little something every time he came to visit. He hasn't got to see Kylee yet, I'm sure she will love him just the way Ayden does.

Today marked yet another milestone as parents. Ayden got her first haircut and style. It was great. Sonny was really good with her. He has cut my hair for several years. Today he cut mine, April's, and Ayden's. He does a really good job.

We stopped at Wal-Mart to get a card for Zack and some odds and ends and both girls were asleep so I stayed in the truck with them. April might have made it in the door before Kylee started screaming like a banshee. I knew she was getting hungry. I pulled to the end of the parking lot and proceeded to fix her a bottle. I fed her and she burped well half way of the bottle. She ate the second half and I noticed that she was passing an excessive amount of gas. It was really stinking. I started to put her on my shoulder to burp her and had a present in my hand. This is why I had started carrying hand sanitizer in my truck a while back. She was so generous with it she had it up the back of her outfit and boy did it stink. Luckily, April had made it to the truck by this time. She helped me get my hand cleaned off so I could at least finish burping Kylee. We put her on the changing pad and changed, what had to have been in the top 5 worst diapers ever. It was so bad I wish I would have gotten a picture. We didn't bother putting a new outfit on her, we just put a new diaper on her and headed home.

Jake stopped by to try to finish mowing the grass. It has been difficult with the rain and my mower. I have had it to Kenny Queen's twice, and it is still not running right. I was assured this last time that it was fixed. It is not. I am going to stop in there in person tomorrow and have a talk with them instead of calling on the phone. Not that will help any. It should last more than five years. It is a Lawn Boy, not some fifty dollar piece of junk. Oh well.

Here are some pictures of Ayden getting her first hair cut:

And we were afraid she wouldn't like it. She had been telling us for a couple of weeks that she wanted to get her hair cut.


Still doing great. She acted as if this was the 100th time instead of the 1st. We even let her go first instead of watching us.

After he was finished he told her he was going to style it for her just like a big girl. She ate this up and sat there for the whole thing.

And of course, we topped off the day with the best chicken nuggets on earth, Chic-fil-a...and ranch...and milk.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear April is getting better! The first pic of Ayden in the chair is absolutely adorable!! I don't know Zach but glad to hear he made it home safe and sound!!!!

    ReplyDelete