Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Day In the Life of the Copley Household

Yesterday we went to Sam's to get some of those things that it is better to buy in bulk. Things like sunscreen and tea. We bought Ayden a preschool fundamentals workbook. It is about 200 pages of greatness. We started working in it last night. It starts with tracing lines and fine motor readiness skills getting her ready to start writing her letters and numbers. She can spell her name but can't write it yet. She enjoys doing her school work.

I went to the grocery store today for April while she stayed home with the girls. She bathed Ayden. She told me that Ayden was pretty disappointed with this. Sometimes she doesn't like to do this.

I called a number this morning about getting the yellow paint off of my truck. (The Department of Highways was having the lines on the road pinted and I have yellow paint on my truck now.)Or at least reimbursed for having it professionally done. It is on the door and the fender of the driver's side. I called a couple of numbers. One man was real helpful and the other woman, not so much. She was actually pretty rude. I will just fill out the paperwork and take the appropriate pictures and send them in. We'll just wait and see what comes of it.

On another note, Michael Jackson is finally laid to rest. Maybe now the media coverage of his death will be also. I know, wishful thinking. I don't mean to minimimalize his death, but it was nothing more than a tragic accident. Or accidental suicide/homicide. He was gone too early as was Steve McNair and other celebrities that died with a black cloud over their name. I'm just tired of hearing about it. I want to watch the news without 25 minutes of the 30 minute broadcast being taken up by news of his death. He used his status to get what he wanted, drugs. Doctors gave into him because he was a star. Plain and simple. They catered to him. This led to his demise.

Matt Sansom, Albert Cover, Steve Clay and so many others I can think of left this world too early. I have known them on a personal level and they were all gone well before their time. Knowing them on a personal level, does that mean that they were better than these so called "celebrities"? In my eyes, they may just have been. So stop taking about MJ, I'm tired of hearing about him. Let's now let him rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment