Monday, July 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home

First morning at Cherry Grove.

Appropriate fish face for the beach.


Precious!

Ayden loves being the big sister.

Just after they brought her the birthday cake and we sang to her.

She is about to fall asleep. She was very tired every evening.

No Internet access in over a week lets you know how addicted you really are. The beach was grand. Ayden had a wonderful time. I don't think she took a step that she wasn't skipping, hopping, or jumping. It was wonderful just seeing her have a great time.

Mom and dad were able to come down for a couple of days. Ayden and I were able to go to Ripley's Aquarium for the day with them. They spent a day on the beach with us. We then went to Benjamin's for an evening of overeating. Will and Pam were also there the entire week with us. It was a great trip. Matthew and I spent every night on the beach until 4am looking for marine life. We found crabs, stingrays, squids, and a very largeand I would say old horseshoe crab. I caught a black tip sand shark and several salt water perch while fishing.

It's good to be back home. It is funny how we are so ready to get out of Wayne, but then so glad to be back when we arrive. The ride home was not real great. It stormed and we were forced to take a detour rather than get caught for 2 hours of traffic in Virginia on I 77. We took a scenic route that turned out to be nice but we didn't get home until 1am. Not too bad considering we left to come home about 9am.

Ayden turned 3 on the trip. She had a wonderful birthday. All three have been at the beach. She had a cake and was sang to by the wait staff at Duffy Street Seafood Shack. They were very good to her.

April turned the big 30 on the drive home Saturday. I gave her the paintings I bought her for her birthday. There by an artist named Megan Ducanson (MADART). They are very vibrant and we have really fallen in love with her work.
Kylee had a good time...I think. She slept a lot. She did get to spend a lot of time on the beach. She seemed to like it. She is growing so much. She is really filling out. I have two beautiful daughters. I am such a lucky man.

April has a very important procedure scheduled for Wednesday. We are somewhat anxious about it. I am staying strong for her. It will turn out alright. I know it will. She is a strong woman. She is one of the toughest women I know.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. I am glad that you all had a great time. Tell all three girls hello. I have missed the blog updates. I am glad you all are home safe. Let April know that she will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything is okay with April. Just saw this...do you need a sitter for tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete