Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 12-13, 2009

Saturday and Sunday were rather uneventful if you call not being able to do much in the way of walking normally around the house uneventful. We visited Will and Pam on Saturday and had dinner with them for Pam's birthday. It was really good. We stayed there for a while and Pam and Ayden really had a good time. They played and played and played. I thought Ayden would be exhausted when we left. Wrong.

Kylee. In typical Kylee fashion, slept almost the entire visit. When we left we stopped by mom and dad's. Ayden was still going strong at 11:30 when we left. She stayed the night with them so she could go to the annual Beckett Cemetery Meeting on Sunday.

April took Kylee and went with Josh and Pam to Target today. We had kind of a lazy day. They left around 3. Mom and dad stopped and dropped some food off for me and took Ayden on to their house since she was asleep in the truck. April arrived home shortly thereafter and we went to mom and dad's to get Ayden. Dad had bought a new 32 gig iPhone and he needed to help him set it up to Itunes on his laptop. Mission accomplished.

We arrived home about 10:00. I had April put some Icy Hot on my back to try that out. Anything is worth a try at this point. I have an appointment in August for the pain clinic at St. Mary's. Hopefully, they will get me in line to get a tens unit or a nerve block. We'll see. We got the girls ready for bed and settled in to watch a couple of new series on HBO that are pretty good. Hung and True Blood. They are good. Made for the adult audience, but good none the less.

We have a lot to get finished this week before we leave Friday for the beach. I have to change the oil in my truck and get it washed. We have a couple of doctor appointments and have to get everything packed. Its going to be a busy week, but it will be well worth it.

In just a few short days, I'll be fishing during the early morning in the inlet that separates Cherry Grove from the bird sanctuary. Watching the sun rise. Rising early gives me a chance to have "me" time and getting things moved to the beach for everyone else. I'll be basking in the noonday sun with the family; April, Ayden, Kylee, Will, and Pam. Mom and dad are going to try to come down at the end of the week for a couple of days. I sure hope they are able too. During the evening, I'll be sitting on the balcony in the setting sun enjoying a far too expensive cigar. And last, but definitely not least, I'll have my three girls there with me to share the experience and make memories to last forever. That's why I love the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment