Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 28, 2009

Not a great picture of the piece but you can see how colorful it is.

I would like to take a minute and do a little advertising. I recently purchased my first fine art pieces. They are very nice. Very vibrant and full of color. I bought them for April for her birthday. She really liked them. They are from an artist named Megan Aroon Ducanson. MADART is her studio name. Her initials plus ART. I have conversed with her numerous times and she is very helpful and prompt in returning e-mails. She has worked with celebrities and had a painting appear on Grey's Anatomy. She lives in a remote part of Alaska and is a very down to earth person despite all of her success. If you are looking to spruce up your house and add a little light to your humble abode, check out her work. It is all reasonably priced also. See her work here: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5128694


More about Ayden:



Mom and dad bought her a little stuffed cat that came with a pink carrying case at the beach. She insists that it is a dog. She will not listen to anyone that it is a cat. She has named "him" Baby Clifford. I do not know where she gets the names? It is beyond me. I have told her she needs to teach him tricks. She has now taught him how to sit and to stay in his cage. I swear it is a hoot having a 3 year old around.



She also has a doll that she loves to brush her hair. She named this doll Amelia Mohawk. She calls her Amelia Hohawk. It is rather funny to hear, I must admit.



She watches a show on Noggin called Little Bill. It was created by Bill Cosby and a really good show teaching acceptance, sharing, and several other important skills for toddlers. Any who, Little Bill, the main character, calls himself a super helper in several episodes. He helps his parents, his grandmother, and even his brother and sister. April and I started calling Ayden our super helper and it evolved into "Super Ayden".



While at the beach I stopped at an airbrush booth and had Ayden a shirt made that says Daddy's Super Ayden. It has the Superman logo with an "A" instead of the of the "S". Of course it is in pink and yellow. She tells everyone it says, "Ayden's Super Daddy", which makes me beam. I love her.
We also had a little mishap with Ayden today. I was doing laundry and April was tending to Kylee. We heard a loud thump in our bathroom and Ayden started crying. Apparently, April had left the toilet seat up. Right. Ayden had completely fallen into the toilet and was soaked, even her hair. That was one story I should have gotten pictures with. Ayden has been doing really well going to the potty all by herself. Usually the only help she needs is washing her hands and buttoning her pants. I hope this doesn't set her back. She was so mad that she told me that she was going to tell Grammy on me. I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing while trying to get her settled down.



Kylee has had a rough day. We think she may be teething. Yea, at 2 months. Plus, she has had horrible gas. She has been screaming a crying. We have been passing her back and forth all day. She is now in size 1 diapers. Yea. She is really growing. We have found that like her big sister did she really likes the big people shower. Now, Ayden hates it. She says that taking a shower and bath and eating are no fun. But we still make her do it. For the sanity of the entire Copley Household. I have found that my sanity is on the edge of the Grand Canyon when both girls are having meltdowns. Luckily, I have kept it from taking the Nestea Plunge off the edge. I love being a dad. I am so glad for two little girls. Ayden is such a joy. She loves affection and now I can look forward to it from Kylee. Life is good, and I'm just along for the ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment