Friday, January 15, 2010

January 15, 2010

Ayden has decided what she wants out of life... and that is to be a tree. Yes, a tree. We tried to explain to her that as extraordinary as a goal as it was, it would be awfully lonely.

She said that she understood but that the grass and birds and so on would keep her company. April then asked her what she would do in the winter time when it got really cold, it would be hard, if she were a tree to stay warm. She said not to worry, her leaves would keep her warm.

Oh, don't stop reading now, it only gets better...

She then replied that she didn't have to worry about losing her leaves in the winter because she was going to be a pine tree and they keep their leaves all year long.

Last night was the first night of my MU class. Not the ones that I am a student in, the one that I am teaching. I must say, it was amazing. I truly felt like I was doing something on a grand scale and what I was doing was appreciated. By the students of course. They wanted to learn. They asked questions, and stayed after, and did all the things that a person who truly wants to teach wants out of a class.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel and I now know that it wants me to be at the higher education level. The only problem now is I need to pursue and obtain by doctorate. With this I have two options. I can go to WVU or UK. Before I started college, I always wanted to go to UK. But with WVU it would be in-state tuition. I just need to decide and finish up my current coursework of administration classes and then start that. I guess I need to start gathering information and get in gear.

It's good to be able to multi-task again.

Ayden is becoming a great helper. When Kylee makes the least bit of noise, Ayden is there. She is like a little mother hen. It is so funny to watch Kylee with her. Kylee laughs at every little thing that Ayden does. I can try for hours to make her laugh and nothing, then Ayden walks into the room and she lights up like the Fourth of July. Which makes me just as happy.

I came home last night from work and my back was really giving me trouble. Ayden was determined to help me change clothes. She made sure to hold my had as we were walking through the house, so I didn't fall. Yes, I have had a tendency to do this lately. Not that she could stop it of course. But she made me let her unbutton my shirt and reach me my tee shirt. It was priceless. It is just a great indication of the type of little lady that she is turning in to.

On the other hand, I think Kylee is going to be a hand full as she gets older. She is a great baby as Ayden was, but she is very, very demanding and opinionated. Even as an almost 8 month old. I preparing now for the future. My parenting motto is simply you can only teach than so much and hope that they us the good sense that they were given. Of course, April and I will discipline her as we have and continue to discipline Ayden but that only works to an extent. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Someday real soon she is going to start putting words to the tremendous amount of sound that continues to come out of her mouth. When she does who knows what she will say.

No comments:

Post a Comment