Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Preschool, Colors, and Finger Paint

Ayden is really into the whole preschool scene. She won't really talk to us about it but from the word we get she loves it. She is "learning" her colors. Which she has known before she could talk. The morning they were going to start the first color, Red, I quizzed her on things that were red. The first thing she told me was a lady bug. She then said it wasn't completely red because it has black spots. She then said a STOP sign. She went on to define a STOP sign for me. Stating that you have to stop and look both ways before pulling out. Yea, my goal is to have her driving by Kindergarten. She then went on to tell me that Peepaw's truck is red and so is Grammy's "Go Car". They are also finger painting on Thurdays. She likes it, so I've heard. She has also started showing some OCD characteristics. She will line her pencils and crayons up. She will line all of her baby dolls up and feed them one at a time. She is just too much.

Kylee has started "talking", to April mostly. She will give me a word every once in a while. I really don't want to know what those words are. She is now eating applesauce. You can't get it in her mouth fast enough. I think a straw would probably work better for her. She is growing entirely too fast.

April and I are way too involved with our jobs and can't spend enough time with the ones that matter the most. The girls, and each other. We were able to decorate a wagon, which was the best I must say, for the Fall Festival Parade and pull the girls the entire length of the parade. Ayden had a blast. She had to take her American Flag and wave it for all to see. It was her idea. I was very proud. It was one of those moments I have been waiting for being a dad. I have had many of those and know I will have many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment