Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sleepwalker

In the early 90's there was a movie called Stephen King's Sleepwalkers. That was really brought to mind this morning. In the movie there is a lot of supernatural, demonic possession and vampirism. I know I like it. But this morning I thought that I had sworn off horror movies FOREVER thanks to Ayden, the possessed three year old. Ha Ha.

She woke up around 10:30 and April and I were still lying in bed playing with Kylee and just talking. I had gotten up to use the bathroom and heard Ayden cry as she came into our room. She flopped into the floor between the bed and April's closet. She kept saying she couldn't sleep. Yea, it's 10:30 no wonder, you have been asleep since 8:00 last night. I walked over to pick her up and put her on my side of the bed beside Kylee and this is when she pulled the exorcist, Linda Blair, Emily Rose trick on me.

She was crawling and spun around a couple of times. She crawled away from me as fast as she could, which seemed very fast. She crawled straight into April's closet and shut the sliding door. Wow. She kept saying, "I can't sleep, I can't sleep."

Yea, I know. You have been asleep for over 12 hours. But how do you explain that to a three year old. Oh well, ayden <---------Ayden had to type her name.

We have finally completed the Halloween costume search. I took Grandpa Ruben to the Mall yesterday to try on a pair of boots to make sure we got the right size when we order them and we went on to the Disney Store. Me, April, Ayden, Kylee, and Ruben in the Disney Store. It was priceless. Ayden decided on the Snow White costume and I had to get all of the accessories that went with it. The light up slippers, the flashing wand, the hairband. It is great. She loves it.

We spent a couple of hours in the Mall and Grandpa seemed to have a real good time. Of course, Kylee slept in the stroller the majority of the time and Grandpa and Ayden picked at each other. It was fun to watch.

We then went to Famous Dave's to eat. This is one of Grandpa's favorite places. April and I like it too. Plus, Ayden can get Oreo's in the kid's meal. Which is something that she doesn't often get. The girls fell asleep on the way home and it was a good day. It was enjoyable spending time with my grandfather. I don't get to do that nearly as much as I would like too. Not even close.

1 comment: